Why we LOVE 88 Acres Seed Butter PLUS bonus recipe!
Why we LOVE 88 Acres Seed Butter PLUS bonus recipe and Giveaway!
If you have been following our blog or Instagram you have probably heard us talk about the importance of finding foods that truly satisfy you. Not just satiating your appetite, but making sure that the food you just consumed topped off all of your senses and left you feeling content.
We’ve all been there, we finish a meal or snack and although we might be physically full, we are still left needing something to cut the craving (sweet? salty?). Dieting can cause this, as can getting stuck in a routine of packing the same foods for work or school every day. You might also notice that you have an uptick in these hankerings during certain times of the month. You’re body is telling you it needs something else! And unless you respond to this physiological need, the desire for that food is likely only to increase.
“Deprivation can lead to uncontrollable cravings, so proceed with caution and listen to those signals your body is sending you!”
Personally, I need to make sure that I am stimulating all of my taste requirements: creamy, crunchy, sweet and salty. This is one of the many reasons why I love 88 Acres seed butter so much! It checks off all of these boxes for me and they are a super easy (and tasty!) addition to a meal recipe or snack.
In celebration of August being our anniversary month, our friends at local 88 Acres have been kind enough to sponsor some of our local celebratory events and we're giving it right back to you guys by giving away a jar each of their Pumpkin and Vanilla Spice Seed butters. Visit our Instagram for details on how to enter! These seed butters are not only delicious, but their individual flavors offer such a wide variety of options to add a spark of flavor to different recipes.
Our FAVORITE ways to use 88 Acres seed butter:
Banana drizzled with chocolate seed butter. Set it in the fridge and slice and serve on top of a graham cracker.
Chocolate seed butter smeared on a graham cracker and set in freezer. Crumble over yogurt or ice cream
Pumpkin seed butter tossed with roasted butternut squash, salt and pepper. Topped with dried cranberries and goat cheese
Your favorite seed butter swirled into your warm morning cereal and topped with raisins or other dried fruit
Smear a few scoops of any of the pumpkin seed butters (original, smoky maple BBQ, salt & pepper or lime cayenne) over chicken. Grill or bake wrapped in tinfoil to seal in the flavor.
Blend a scoop of your favorite seed butter into your favorite smoothie recipe.
Use as a dip with your favorite veggies, fruits or chips
Waffle or toast with your favorite seed butter and chopped fresh fruit
Mix a scoop of your favorite seed butter into yogurt and top off with your favorite granola and fresh fruit
5 Reasons why we love 88 Acres Seed butter:
1. They are free from the top 9 food allergens: peanuts, tree nuts, wheat, soy, dairy, sesame, eggs, fish and shellfish. This makes them a perfect nut-free addition to school lunches and snacks you're packing for your kiddos. 88 Acres enforces strict allergen-safety protocols are are committed to product safety for those with food allergies.
2. They are considered to be a low FODMAP food. If you struggle with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) symptoms, you may be familiar with FODMAPS: A group of compounds thought to contribute to the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome and similar gastrointestinal disorders.
3. Sunflower seeds are rich in Magnesium which helps us keep bones strong, aids in muscle contraction and keeps blood pressure healthy. Making sure that our body's have adequate magnesium can also help to reduce symptoms of anxiety. Woohoo!!
4. Great source of both protein and unsaturated fats. This amazing combo really ups the ante on the satisfaction factor, keeping you feeling truly content with your intake .
5. Pumpkin seeds or pepitas are a great vegetarian / vegan source of iron. If you follow a vegetarian or vegan lifestyle, it can often be challenging to meet your dietary needs for iron. Be sure you're combining the pumpkin seed butter with a source of vitamin C to increase the ability for your body to absorb and use the iron you're providing it with. Berries and red peppers are two great options that would pair well with this seed butter.
Bottomline, whether you have IBS or food allergies or are vegan or vegetarian or none of the above, we are HUGE fans of these seed butters and we think you're going to love them too!
One of our favorite recipes to make are these Cranberry Vanilla Oat Energy Bites. These no-bake bites are super easy to make and leave only a few dirty dishes behind (a big deal for this busy mama!). Keep these on hand for a quick go-to snack in the afternoon or crumble one (or more ;-) on top of your yogurt for breakfast or snack. They are also make great school snacks, just toss in the lunch box or bag and go!
Cranberry Vanilla Oat Energy Bites
These no-bake, bites are filled with wholesome ingredients like steel cut oats, dried cranberries, and vanilla sunflower seed butter. Easy to make and delicious to eat!
Recipe Makes 30 Balls
1 cup uncooked steel cut oats
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
3/4 cup vanilla sunflower seed butter
3 Tbsp. chia seeds
Chop dried cranberries and place in small dish
Combine oats, shredded coconut, sunflower seed butter. Add chopped cranberries.
Stir to combine all ingredients.
Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes if possible. This will make the mixture easier to work with.
Form mixture into Tablespoon size balls
Refrigerate in air tight container.
Welcome To Our Blog
We're a group of non-diet, balance seeking, cupcake consuming, quinoa loving, registered dietitians.
By sharing our expertise, favorite tools and services, we want to help you heal your relationship with food and body and find your own balance amidst the diet culture chaos.